Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-09-27 12:25:01

Dangat

war mongrel instead of warmonger

Apparently my caraft-using cousin had two big objects of disdain in the last decade: Donald Rumsfeld and George W. Bush. When we were speaking today about why she detested both men, her eyes widened and she exclaimed, “because they’re war mongrels!” :D At that point, my dad, who’d been overhearing the conversation from his position on the sofa, howled, “AROOOOOOOOOO”!

My cousin is in her 60s, just fyi. We get along great, but I believe that she’ll be providing us with a plethora of eggcorns in the future!

Last edited by Dangat (2015-09-27 12:26:13)

#2 2015-09-27 12:29:27

Dangat

Re: war mongrel instead of warmonger

Sorry, I just found where we can search to see if our eggcorn had been already added. It was added back in 2007. Oh well! It’s still funny :P

#3 2015-09-27 14:48:12

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: war mongrel instead of warmonger

Dangat wrote:

Sorry, I just found where we can search to see if our eggcorn had been already added. It was added back in 2007. Oh well It’s still funny :P

Yeah, it’s a good one, Dangat. And I’m glad you’ve figured out how to search for previous mentions of an item before posting. It took me (like most of us) awhile to figure that out when I started here. I still wish someone with the wherewithal would prominently post basic instructions like that for all newbies.

Anyway, welcome to the Eggcorn Forum, Dangat!

Board footer