Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-10-09 06:04:57

baroquemongoose

"minus well" for "might as well"

“This is my first Martial arts moveset project, which I had been working on since ‘07. The main purpose of this project is to see what it would be like if Nico Robin (My favourite One Piece character) were a full-fledged master of Rokushiki. I’d figure that I minus well share this with the rest of the DA community. I’ll be updating this every now and then when I get the chance.”

Found at http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/.

#2 2015-10-09 08:18:05

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: "minus well" for "might as well"

So does minus well mean something like “not entirely well” and does the perp get from that to “might well (but don’t have to)’” ? Or how do you see it working?

Welcome to the forum, bm. (Do you attack baroque cobras? (Do I fit that category?))

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2015-10-09 08:18:31)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2015-10-10 03:29:32

baroquemongoose

Re: "minus well" for "might as well"

Yup, I think you’ve probably got it. It puzzled me for a while, but eventually I reached the same conclusion as you.

I would probably attack a baroque cobra if I ever met one, but everyone on the early music scene seems to be extraordinarily nice, at least here in the UK.

Board footer