Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-15 11:38:40

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

fetish/faddish

Collected ‘in the wild’ by a friend last night. The speaker was talking about an unusual partiality for a particular item of confectionery, ”...it’s a faddish.” “A what?” “You know, she’s got a food faddish.” I’m not sure about this one either, it seems to have been captured in mid-stride on its way to somewhere else but that foot has not quite landed. Hard to search for too but a timid tap on the keys did yield this:Ginsberg writes about them, Roscoe seemingly has a faddish with the hindparts and Lime makes casual referrences and he sports an avatar of well-known homo …
www.sftt.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=159 … a9944ff262 – 55k – Cached – Similar pages
Among the 27,000 ghits for ‘a faddish’ there may be more, but I can’t be asked (sic) and anyway, how many examples are required for validation? And furthermore, has there been established any mathematical relationship between a Googlehit and an obviously unverifiable personal experience of spontaneous usage by a real person? How many ‘wilds’ should = 1 ghit?

#2 2006-09-15 11:51:12

Tom Neely
Eggcornista

Re: fetish/faddish

Peter – This web site is mysterious. I have faith that all will be revealed, eventually. jorkel knows more than I know, but he cannot answer every question. (You may want to look at the discussion under my yesterday post about not being Swarthy.)

A person named Pat sometimes visits. Pat seems to know a great deal. Pat probably can answer many of our questions. For now, I am trying to read all the remote corners of the web site.

Last edited by Tom Neely (2006-09-16 15:57:37)

#3 2006-09-15 12:23:02

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Tom, It is good to know that I am not alone, and be assured that I am much not swarthier than your good self. Pat’s immanence is clear, though I have not the foggiest of notions how, and though the sight is failing your faint footsteps, and those of the Great Jorkel of course, may yet lead me into the light.

Last edited by Peter Forster (2006-10-17 14:40:24)

#4 2015-08-30 13:11:23

David Bird
Eggcornista

Many indian takeaways give the impression of not using fresh ingredients and having a fattish for vegetable oil
Resto review

I love shoping.i have a fattish for shoes I love looking my best ima trend setter.
twitter

i just have a fattish for posting pics of chinese people.
chat

A fattish for vegetable oil makes sense. Kind of. Not all fattishes people confess to are food fattishes. Can you have a fattish for dieting?

#5 2015-08-30 14:30:44

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

A fedish
Something that is overly attractive sexy or something that drives a man insane just as much as sex does
“Wow, he had a foot fedish last night he just stared at my feet i didnt even have to strip.”
The Urban Dictionary

Whats your ultimate fedish
discussion

ferret with a foot fedish
discussion thread title

I’m an older married man with a larger women fedish and not really interested in my partner.
personals ad

...Sliccs made the move to full-fledged solo artist in 2004, with the release of his first album, “A Money Fedish”.
article about a rapper

Perhaps an argument for eggcornicity could be made if some of these examples were about food/eating, but the only such examples I found seemed to be puns.

#6 2015-10-22 03:15:00

richgirls
Website

I am from Bucharest Romania, and i love to discus via online chat with new people over the internet
Richgirls Videochat Bucuresti

Last edited by richgirls (2015-10-22 03:19:26)

Board footer