Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-12-13 21:28:37

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

__cohearts/co-hearts__ for __cohorts__

This may be a new one. I thought I heard someone say “cohearts” for “cohorts” on TV or in a web video recently, so did a web search and found a respectable number of examples.

Months passed and there was no word about Willing or his followers. Anthony Hutchins was elated, and said he hoped Willing and his co-hearts had perished in the river.
cemetery website

Some of the cuts are wild either Rob and his cohearts are poor judges of talent because guys they praised all through camp got cut.
sports discussion

But we all know that words don’t hurt Obama or his cohearts in crime.
blog

Her groom and his co-hearts from Camp Independence stood out in their military attire.
history site

Obama anbd his cohearts are joyfully letting our military fade out.
discussion

“ten years after Tom DeLay tried to marginalize the Democratic Party by gerrymandering Texas to his liking, his co-hearts are going to reverse the tables by shooting themselves in the foot.”
blog

Gill was highly thought of by his co-hearts, and all those who knew him.
UFO story

Seems like a real eggcorn to me. The heart-connection of cohorts makes sense.

(I also looked for “co-whores” and “cowhores” but couldn’t find any examples that didn’t seem like puns. Searching on “and his courts” was also fruitless)

Last edited by Dixon Wragg (2015-12-14 04:41:21)

#2 2015-12-14 03:08:17

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: __cohearts/co-hearts__ for __cohorts__

Works for me!
I am glad your search for cowhores was in vain. The mind boggles. (At least my mind insists on perceiving a cow in there … Funny how that happens.)
I tried for cowhearts, but there were too many literal or indeterminate hits for me to sort through. How do you great searchers (David B?) winnow a bunch like that down? (There were no hits for “call in” “cowhearts”, for instance.)

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2015-12-14 03:36:31)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer