Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-12-31 07:45:26

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"puck" << >> "punk"

...Grover needs to tell what is about to happen and stop being a little puck and scared and tells him.
book discussion

He’s a little puck ass bitch that never should have started YouTube.
video gamers’ discussion

im a puck rock girl
twit

I’m a old skateboarder and this give me a opportunity to do a lot of those puck rock graphics I grew up with in the 80’s.
blog

Yes that it is the TV;s highest rated Syndicated TV show may be more important than other events noted in the song like Cola Wars, or some of the 56 individuals named, Puck Rock, the Movie Psycho, or any number of others listed.
discussion of a song lyric

Hmmmm… Perhaps the diminutive size and/or the nasty tricks of the supernatural entity known as a Puck (not always capitalized) could be connected with punks. Then again, how many perps are likely to know what a Puck is?

And here it is going in the other direction:

A hockey punk is hit on a frozen pond and starts moving with speed of 12.00m/s .
study site

Board footer