Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-02-02 09:05:15

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"savor tooth" for "saber tooth"

When I was little, I and my friends used the term savortooth. It was just a mispronunciation, not an eggcorn, as we didn’t know the word savor. But recently it occurred to me that savortooth might be an eggcorn for some adults, who would be expected to know the word savor and to understand that it has something to do with food being “toothsome”.

What extinct animal do you find fascinating? Savor tooth tiger
questionnaire

Savor tooth tiger. Because it was a bad ass. And i like cats.
[same source as above example]

Homo Sapiens started to migrate around 8,000 B.C.E from North America to South America and there was a huge extient of animals from mammoth to savor tooth tigers.
history test preparation

Miniature: 2-1/2”T Savor Tooth Tiger
item for sale

Cage of eden the wild savor tooth tiger
drawing caption

savor tooth tiger
another drawing caption

#2 2016-02-02 11:25:57

burred
Eggcornista

Re: "savor tooth" for "saber tooth"

kid’s writing
we heard a loud ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr. “W…w…what was that” seth asked. I have no idea I replied. Just then out of the bushes came a tiger like animal then we looked at it’s teeth it was a savior tooth tiger. We began to run for our lives screaming like we where wild animals just then a dragon swooped out of the sky and snached the savor tooth tiger by the neck. It came back and spoke to use that triggerd the screaming again then it said” calm down are you going to get on my back or what I know were the portal is”.Seth and me looked at eachother and said “sweet”.

There’s a tasty simbling over at linguistlist, where Laurence Horn noticed light saver. Still no save-a-tooth tiger though.

game faq
How do u get a lightsavior for character creation?
I looked for a light savior for a new character, but I didn’t find vader’s or yoda’s. How do u get one.

#3 2016-02-06 14:26:48

Amantis

Could this because a lot of these people grew up during the advent of both “Life Savers” candy and “Light Sabers” from Starwars?

#4 2016-02-06 19:11:55

burred
Eggcornista

I like it.

reddit
OP: death star is giant light saver
light savers must be constructed with the force
R: Asshole doesn’t even know it’s Life saver.

Kirk vs Vader
Darth Vader would smoke Kirby! His life saver would cut off all of kirk’s limbs.

fanchat
OP:Do you think that Voldemort and Darth Vader would be friends if they met? Or would they compete
R: They would HATE each other.
WAND VS LIFE SAVER!!!!!!XD

Board footer