Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-01-28 20:36:54

David Bird
Eggcornista

Post parting depression

Now this one is low hanging fruit. Or the low that comes after the fruit has left the tree. Post partum depression refers to the psychological lows that follow parturition, or parity, or in other words, giving birth. Despite appearances, there’s no “parting” in parturience. Partum is related to L. parere, “to bear”, ultimately from PIE root * pere- (1) “produce, procure, bring forward, bring forth.” Physical separation from the child you carried is not sweet sorrow to these folks.

birth forum Post parting depression? Is it possible that I have developed ppd.

yahoo questions
I just had my first baby on 11-17-15 and it s a girl. The day after I had her in the hospital i knew something was wrong. The doctors came an told me she wasn t breathing when she came out. I had a c section but I was put to sleep. So everytime I look at her I cry. I love her so much there is nothing I will not do for her. When ever she leave me sight I cry. In the hospital when she had to go to the nursy for test I cried in begged them to bring her back.. please tell me why cant I stop crying? Do i have post parting depression?

maternal glow forum OP: I don’t want to sound Nasty but on times I feel as if Id rather be pregnant, I think I miss pregnancy and labor more than being a mum on times. Just feeling the kicks and having a secret only me and baby inside knows the feeling of closeness, the kicks, appointments and scans made me feel more excited because I was always wondering what my little one would look like, I feel as if I’ve bonded more with my bump than I have with baby, will my feeling for a bump dissapear and will my feelings for my little one come soon, trying to shake it but it just doesn’t leave my mind
R: I think that sounds really normal. your whole life just changed and you’re settling in. I’m sure the bonding will come. just be aware of what post parting depression is

#2 2016-05-08 18:26:16

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: Post parting depression

I just stumbled upon this today:

I have a friend that is a post party’s doula.
Nextdoor post

#3 2016-05-11 02:39:27

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: Post parting depression

Beats the post mortem depression I have documented.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer