Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-03-08 14:07:46

Elipsis...

"Any Buddy" for "Anybody"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1460 … t-possible

“with the help of System.activator any buddy can break singleton pattern”

#2 2010-03-08 15:36:10

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: "Any Buddy" for "Anybody"

Talk about low hanging fruit! Can’t believe nobuddy’d reported this yet. Very good, Elipsis.
Naturally:

hi i told some buddy my password for xbox live and i lost my acount

Great work every buddy can get lots of interesting information, keep on posting this type of brilliant articles. I really like this

Well, no one budged, as per usual at jackpot time – nobuddy wanting to leave

By far the majority of hits seem to be advertent (puns) though, or else attempts at rendering what the author considered sub-standard speech.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2016-09-13 13:31:59

David Bird
Eggcornista

Return tripper, implying a connection that goes beyond just being friends, to getting downright cuddly.

management advice Do your job seriously by applying the rules and regulation without being to much body-body with certain employee and , vice versa, being nasty and unfriendly with other.

political bedfellows It makes sense if you are a libertarian or a Republican to be body-body with Ron Paul but if you claim you are a Democrat and operating as a mole with callas and dishonest intentions, you might as well wear a white mask over your head and join David Duke who shares exactly all of Ron Paul’s views.

more bedfellows Hillary Clinton is a hawk and a warmonger who sides with rogue countries because she gets paid by them. She’s body body with the Saudis

A mole with callas intentions.

#4 2016-09-16 22:06:15

kem
Eggcornista

“Buddy-buddy with” meaning “friends with” seems to be American slang from the 1950s: https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?c … th%3B%2Cc0

1952 is the earliest reference I can find.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer