Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-10-01 12:32:24

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'built proof' for 'bullet proof'

Still looking at cars. I find it difficult to believe that so many people spell ‘bullet’ as ‘built’. Could it be that there is an eggcornish interpretation which views proof as an unusually high standard of durability and reliability?

I have an 02 and the motor for the most part is built proof. I fish every weekend and the motor has only been …

The transmission lasted 4 months. $7500 dollars later I had a built proof transmission that could bark the 36” tires in second gear.

The E36 M3 engine and gearbox are pretty much built proof. After all it is the same block that Alpina use in the E36 B3.

Here I have for sale my 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7 Diesel Premium Luxury with 152,600 miles on the clock, as I’m sure you know these engines are built proof and capable of very high mileages.

Board footer