Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-11-05 10:45:42

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'unairing' for 'unerring'

Near-homophones for many I imagine, but no distinctive alternative imagery suggests itself at the moment. ‘Unaired’ could refer to a film awaiting release, a viewpoint or opinion which for some reason hasn’t been somehow exteriorised, a room or clothing in need of ventilation, or a dozen unlikelier things. Like figuratively gobbling up all the available oxygen for example?

An unairing sense of freedom, peace and relief overwhelmed him as he walked through the front door for the last time. He took a deep breath and breathed in a …

I have an unairing sense of fashion. I put outfits together that are simply smashing.

You can talk about Rasputin also, he had an unairing degree of influence in the government and their affairs whilst tales of his sexual …

My thoughts returned unairingly to the weirdness of it all.

Dr. Greer of the Dick’s Closure Project has unairingly debunked “Project Blue Book” as nothing more than a pricing guide for used cars.

Board footer