Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-11-27 18:27:38

David Bird
Eggcornista

"squad team" for swap team

A team from the police squad, no doubt. S.W.A.T. is not transparent, though the connection to rapid-reaction physical force is surely not coincidental.

The standoff made the squad team furious. So, after a few days, I believe the building was intentionally set on fire by the outside squad.
God and the Wacko occult

She said. ‘Yeah; call Pentagon, and the whole of Oakland army base including the squad team and the entire Police precinct.’
ebook

The Chicago police, the surrounding police departments, the Sheriff’s Department, the squad team, the gang unit, the drug unit, the ATF, the FBI, U.S. marshals and other members of law enforcement are all on the hunt for the suspects.
blog

A few examples of training as close to reality as possible are: self-defence training with the police, hijack awareness with the squad team and sea survival know-how with Swedavia AB rescue services.
school blurb

Here’s a post that is probably as close as we can get to a first person account of the reasoning behind a squat team, featured in several hits out there.

i used to believe that a swat team was actually a squat team, because they squated down behind stuff and waited for the bad guys to run out of bullets.
http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/the_law/p … ice_s3.php

Seems to me we’ve also seen the deployment of a swap team that arrived in several squad cars of cop, to talk someone out who had bearcaged himself in.

Board footer