Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-10-15 07:56:06

jorkel
Eggcornista

primAPE (primate)

Google counts on Oct 15, 2006
10,200,000 primate
511 primape

An ape, for one, is a primate—so one is liable to hear “primape” the first time around. (By the way, there is a Pokemon character named Primape which accounted for many—but not all—of the Google hits).

Examples:

YIFFSTAR – the Yiffy Story Archive—Pokebrothel 23The primape chuckled, “That’s kind of true, but you need to get back to work. ... The primape crosses his arms and leaned against the doorframe, “No really, ...
www.yiffstar.com/index.php?pid=13486 – 67k – Cached – Similar pages

Displaying commentsok but i didnt know any primape walked so straight up besides hmans, and its not hard to make glowing eyes like that in photoshop. ...
www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=15031 – 32k – Cached – Similar pages

Evolution Vs Creationism What Do You Believe?Simple: Are there any similarities between a bug and a primape? No. It is quite possible that a bug could evolve into a primape…. but that would take eons …
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic45221-20.html – 136k – Cached – Similar pages

Ninja Burger PBP – Interlude 9/25/06 | Gamegrene.comAnd as for becoming a monkey-trainer, surely there is nothing more primape-ish then trying to teach fat lazy American’s the fine arts of defense. ...
www.gamegrene.com/node/679 – 20k – Cached – Similar pages

America’s Next Top Model Season 7 – Chamber of SecretsMonique needs to stop acting like a damn primape throwing her S*** around, and go home. What was up with that “I’m the Child of god” **** she was talking …
www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=95969 – 107k – Oct 13, 2006 – Cached – Similar pages

www.myspace.com/tubafanIt looks like I have one of those primape Unibrows, and then it also looks like I have a Guitar Hero controller sticking out of my ass…. I hate you! ...
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=37845712 – 146k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer