Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2017-12-24 10:16:13

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"buzzare" or "buzzarre" for "bizarre"

That’s so buzzare to me. It would be like not letting characters appear in the comics if their gonna be in movies.
nerd discussion

The Royal Tenanbaums might have some pacing issues and might loose a bit of its initial chjarm as things get more buzzarre and excentric, but it still nonetheless another Wes Anderson masterpiece…
movie talk

A friend of mine came up with “buzzarre”, which describes something that would seem normal if you were sober, but seems odd when you are “buzzed”. The weakness of this word is that East Tennesseans pronounce “bizarre” like “buzzarre” anyway, so you have to explain it.
discussion of blends

This one’s a bit of a stretch, partly because I didn’t find many of these that weren’t clearly puns. Misspelling is also suspected. And the last example above is a purposely made-up blend, but at least it gives a somewhat plausible explanation for why “buzzare” for “bizarre” could make eggcornish sense for some.

Board footer