Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2018-03-25 03:57:33

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Chill blames

I don’t remember seeing this, but it may be somewhere:

I have a friend who gets cold feet and chill blames, but has to wear ballet pumps for work and doesn’t like visible socks.

I hate this time of year as I always end up with chill blames, one of the best remedy’s I have found is our aloe heat cream.

I hope she doesn’t get chill blames. But she does look wonderful.

I always make a large batch in the fall as it does a great job on healing the cracked hands that Gary gets during the winter. What used to be called chill blames. It is also great for healing burns …

I suppose the variations on chilblain, like chilbane and chilbain, introduce the idea of ‘bane’, which is no less eggcornish.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2018-03-25 18:22:57

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: Chill blames

Great eggcorn. And personally interesting. I went to see what chillblains are, and realized I get them regularly here in the frostblasted North. Who knew. Now I feel I should find out what wens, furuncles, peduncles, carbuncles, dropsy and the pip really are, to see if I can add them to my list of fresh horrors and other passing physiological ephemera.

Chill blames evoked astroblemes and other blemishes for me. I don’t have any astroblemes that I know of at least.

#3 2018-03-27 16:21:51

kem
Eggcornista

Were you around 10 years ago when I posted on “chillbanes?” http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=2826 Perhaps you were, but your body was 10 years younger and you hadn’t had the pleasure of chillblains yet.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#4 2018-03-29 15:00:29

David Bird
Eggcornista

chilblains 1. npl In frosty weather you may get painful, tingling sores on your feet. What do you call that? chiblings, chimblings, chimlings, chilblain, chilbrains, childags, chills, frost-bite
Survey of English Dialects

Further explanation for my condition: chilbrains.

Board footer