Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2019-07-14 12:35:23

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Gauzian blur" for Gaussian

Digital pictures can be manipulated using mathematical filters which pass through and change pixel values according to a formula. The Gaussian filter smooths images by reweighting and spreading local values with a normal, or Gaussian, curve. Photoshop offers ‘Gaussian blur’ as an image tool. The gauzian blur is a clearer way to describe its effect.

Sorry. Waaaay too much gauzian blur.
youtube comment

Is it because I have already applied Gauzian Blur to this image?
forum

Curves tool, levels tool, gauzian blur, layer mask and especially above all others the Patch tool.
flickr favourite tools

Great model to work with. Increased saturation and applied gauzian blur to the body masking the face which brings her gorgeous eyes out
photo forum

#2 2019-07-17 10:51:21

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "Gauzian blur" for Gaussian

Good one. I know we have classified eggcorns by subject category. Religious eggcorns. Naval eggcorns. Computing eggcorns. But I wish we had kept a list of the eggcorns that arise from misunderstanding technical terms in the sciences. Would make a fun article for a science mag.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer