Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2019-11-30 11:28:35

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'dirtritus' for 'detritus'

This may work more easily for the more arhotic of us, but I imagine it could have traction further afield.

Some people will say that you need flow to prevent dead zones where dirtritus builds up but I have nice flow all over the tank.

Like Dirtritus, and Bacteria are the only critters that can survive in our class. All my classmates leaned what they ate and what ate

I was getting ready to do a gravel on this day and noticed all the dirtritus that had accumulated in the substrate …

skirting boards etc caked with dust and dirtritus bedside tables and lamps grubby moved table slightly to retrieve a dropped coin, to reveal all manner of horrors!

#2 2019-12-01 06:51:30

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: 'dirtritus' for 'detritus'

Works for me! (And I love arhotic. I actually was pronouncing ar-hotic and trying to figure out what kind of word was that when I twipped (watheh than tumbled) into it.)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2019-12-03 11:05:39

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Arhoticism is a lot less interesting than it at first appears. Ditto arhotic art/ahht.

#4 2020-01-27 18:23:47

kem
Eggcornista

Love it. Does a lot of that dirtritus comes from bacterian camels?

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer