Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-01 02:20:29

jorkel
Eggcornista

parANNOYED (paranoid)

Google counts on Nov. 1, 2006
21,100,000 paranoid
10,400 parannoyed—eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

“Paranoid” means a tendency toward irrational suspicion or distrustfulness of others. Those who don’t have a firm grasp of the word might think it is just an extension of being annoyed. Whence the eggcorn: parannoyed.

Examples:

Bolt Member beanie6969’s: Videos, Music, Photos, Blog, Friends …... I really don’t understand because I’m nice to everyone and would never hurt anybody. So now I’m parannoyed at every sound I hear and I can’t sleep. ...
www.bolt.com/beanie6969 – 61k – Cached – Similar pages

A firsthand account…

September 1997 Entries: detailed, and yet notOne such word is “paranoid”; as a child, I was led to believe that “paranoid” was actually the past tense form of a verb, as if it were actually “parannoyed ...
www.jimski.net/sept97.html – 29k – Cached – Similar pages

The space that Tyler builtAnd now I have this parannoyed obsession with digging a big hole in the backyard and looking for alien spacecrafts!....I’m eating KFC….it’s pretty good …
topdawg2003.spaces.live.com/ – 117k – Cached – Similar pages

xXAnOn_ChiCkXx’s advice columni think you should trust him, unless you have a reason not too. too me your just being a little parannoyed I mean if he goes that far into proving to you …
www.advicenators.com/column.php?u=xXAnOn_ChiCkXx – 30k – Cached – Similar pages

Losse takjes He was sort of annoyed, parannoyed I believe, I don’t remember exactly. Onze poes. Onze poes1 spoort niet. Ze heeft een luizenleventje, ze spint, ...
members.chello.nl/f.waanders1/losse_takjes.htm – 13k – Cached – Similar pages

Service Pack 1’s Warez-BustingI know this may make me sound like I’m hella parannoyed, and it’s because I am. At christmas I will be able to afford a copy of Xp but until then, ...
www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/win … sting.html – 76k – Cached – Similar pages

School Stoppers Vol. 2 #’s 21-40 * * * * Written by …When you get the staff totally neurotic and parannoyed, put out notes and hints that “Tuesday is the day.” 32. With a new teacher change names in roll call, ...
www.textfiles.com/anarchy/no.school.2 – 6k – Cached – Similar pages

PC Steve > PC service and supportWell that all depends on your personal perspective of things, but unless you consider yourself parannoyed, probably not. The internet does more good than …
mrpcsteve.com/ – 6k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer