Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-12-05 12:55:16

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

comatoast for comatose

comatose – 2,470,000 ghits
comatoast – 24,500 ghits

Most of the ‘comatoast’ citations are deliberate wordplay, but not all. Declaring someone or something to be ‘toast’ can indicate that they’re ‘done’ (cooked?) , finished or otherwise beyond help or hope. It is possible that an innocent eggcorner has used ‘toast’ in this sense in the possible eggcorn ‘comatoast’...

It is this physical practice of stillness that can eventually lead to mental stillness and clarity (no, not a comatoast/veggie state, that’s different). ...
blog.hotani.net/articles/index.php?link=v&arid=14 – 10k – Cached –

Have you always wondered why Rich McKinney would slip into that fuzzy comatoast state while playing behind Mel Stottlemyre ? Well . ...
www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/news … lot/P3120/ – 94k – Supplemental Result – Cached

I still remember the trails from neon strips swirling from the fan blades as I remain in a comatoast state. Drug induced memories spiral in a never ending …
www.geocities.com/pentacleofearth/tool3.html – 8k – Supplemental Result – Cached -

#2 2006-12-05 14:28:34

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: comatoast for comatose

It could be that “comatoast” originated with someone hearing someone else incorrectly refering to the state as “comatosed.” What an interesting progression…

Google counts on Dec 5, 2006
2,390,000 comatose
35,200 comatosed—reshaped word
22,900 comatoast—eggcorn of a reshaped word?!!

I love it!

#3 2012-12-18 12:48:20

David Bird
Eggcornista

flanneryculp on the tumblr eggcorn pages submitted a version of this priceless eggcorn at the end of August this year:

ramona on real housewives of new york city just said “coma toast” omfg
http://eggcorn.tumblr.com/page/2

Here are some more hits, new only in the splitting of “comatoast” into two words.

I dont have the side effects that I do from the other medications they have perscribed to me that make me feel like a zombi or coma toast.
pain management forum

i was told it would calm me down and help me sleep. well it would put me out like coma toast,
Drug side effects forum

but with all the alcohol, pot, and rufilin, her brain was pretty coma toast.
Some kind of very sleazy forum

Ive gone coma toast in my visions and losing muscle control like pissing yourself are common in deep ventures into strong hallucingens.
Rock lyrics interpretation forum

Coma toast even beats lack toast and tolerant.

Last edited by David Bird (2012-12-18 17:31:00)

#4 2012-12-18 21:20:52

burred
Eggcornista

Hard life story He couldn’t talk or move on his own at all. He was coma-toes most of the time.

#5 2012-12-19 08:31:06

burred
Eggcornista

Fuzzy science wiki example of being brain dead would be people who are either coma dosed or have Alzheimer’s.

Blog And then I almost went coma-dosed over what they finally picked

#6 2012-12-20 05:02:14

David Bird
Eggcornista

They couldn’t, could they? Nah, no way. Well, it won’t hurt to look.

There will be no little to no carbs, no processed food or anything containing High Fruit toast Corn Syrup.
Diet plan

my mom said santa was lack toes and tolerant… that’s funny so is my dad..
tweet

@dmentit: I don’t eat too much Mac and cheese I’m lack toes and tolerant but if ya greens is money u can live.
tweet

#7 2012-12-20 15:19:53

larrybob
Eggcornista

Fructose seems to be quite fruitful.
There are number of “kids say the darndest things” anecdotes.
blog: “Mommy, the chocolate milk I had on Saturday did not have high fruit toes corn surface in it.”

forum: “My 7 year old, Andrew, very authoritatively declared that when he grew up he wasn’t going to feed his kids high fruit toes syrup either”

#8 2012-12-20 17:36:02

larrybob
Eggcornista

Disappointed I couldn’t find any Norwegian eggcorns for fruktose << frokost (Norwegian for breakfast.)

#9 2012-12-20 21:44:33

David Bird
Eggcornista

We definitely need more Norwegian eggcorns (at last count we have … let’s see … none) so do keep your eyes peeled. We do have French, Swedish, Latin, Spanish, Yiddish, Hungarian, German, Ancient Greek, Italian and Portuguese eggcorns as far as I can recall.

#10 2020-06-20 19:12:52

David Bird
Eggcornista

i know its fucking brutal… she is out like calmatose…
Online poker fatigue

Sparrows can fly at high altitudes where mice are calmatose? Higher blood O2 affinity, efficient lung and better heart.
online course

Crooked and corrupt governments only make false promises and paint “bogus utopia” scenarios to lull us into a state calmatose.
Goan Observer

Not quite coma toast but on the way there.

#11 2020-06-23 14:52:11

kem
Eggcornista

Still some fruit low enought to reach, it seems.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer