Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-05 19:56:23

jorkel
Eggcornista

COLLIDEscope (kaleidoscope)

Google counts on Oct 5, 2006
8,820,000 kaleidoscope
19,400 collidoscope—eggcorn
18,700 collidescope—eggcorn

A kaleidoscope contains all those loose bits of colored paper than just collide when the end is turned.

Examples:

Untitled DocumentTogether, the colored word’s corresponding images play in the shattered mirror to create a collidescope of meaning. Via this broken window interface, ...
eideticfilm.com/ArtistStatement.html – 21k – Cached – Similar pages

Colliers Jackson StopsDining by fireside of glass enclosed conservatory, the view always a collidescope of colour. Glencar House has 20 en-suite guest rooms which have been …
www.propertyselector.com/clients/js/det … pexpid=466 – 17k – Cached – Similar pages

Role of the Court [Archive] – Religious EducationOf course you need a court, but this is sill no excuse for looking at the constitution like a collidescope. If I turn it this way, i think I can make out an …
www.religiousforums.com/forum/archive/i … 30172.html – 10k – Cached – Similar pages

Yin For Salvia GuestbookOh by the way , as he was saying this , I say hundreds of his faces spinning around me , as if I was looking through I collidescope . ...
two.guestbook.de/gb.cgi?gid=682479&prot=htfaul – 12k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Leading Quietly: An Unorthodox Guide To Doing The Right ThingQuiet leaders see a collidescope of issues which surround most business initiatives rather than a fixed target. The mix of challenges are compounded by …
www.managementfirst.com/resources/revie … ac857eca9b – 29k – Cached – Similar pages

Daedelus: That’ll Be The Daedelus PLAYLOUDERHis latest album, the joy of alliteration and apostrophe confounding that is ‘Denies The Days Demise’, is a record made from a collidescope of skittering …
www.playlouder.com/feature/+daedelus-0/ – 23k – Cached – Similar pages

Is my motherboard dead?It looked like I was looking through a collidescope. I reformated again and used my motherboard utilities CD and all was fine. I went about reinstalling all …
www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread20217.html – 41k – Cached – Similar pages

GREENTOWEL / JOEL LAVA [2] – ::: mograph :::He definitely has a trademark with those crazy transitions, he loves the collidescope feel. There’s a ton of action and energy in all the pieces. ...
mograph.net/board/index.php?showtopic=43&hl= – 68k – Cached – Similar pages

#2 2006-11-05 22:10:00

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: COLLIDEscope (kaleidoscope)

I’ve posted on this one, but it’s an extremely minimal post: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?pid=931
Your post provides much more info.

I listed collidoscope among 33 other possibilities in an attempt to clear out the “eggcorns?” file on my computer. That was sort of my farewell to active eggcorn-hunting for a while.

#3 2006-11-06 09:42:47

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: COLLIDEscope (kaleidoscope)

Thanks Pat. I guess I did it again: When I posted this one I thought that it was so unusual that I didn’t bother to run a search of the Forum/Database.

By the way… Your list also contains another one which I had not located there prior to posting: LEAN/Lein on a property.

Finally, I really like HARDfelt as an eggcorn for heartfelt. If I feel up to it later, I just might pursue the details of it.

Last edited by jorkel (2006-11-06 09:54:13)

Board footer