Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-14 10:43:27

jorkel
Eggcornista

STUCKo (stucco)

Google counts on Nov 14, 2006
6,280,000 stucco
20,300 stucko—eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

Stucco is a portland cement-based treatment for plaster walls—often for ornamentation. The material sticks nicely to the wall when applied, whence the eggcorn “stucko.” (I personally think this is more than just a mere misspelling. I could understand the misspelling “stuco,” but not “stucko” which displays the word “stuck” so prominently).

Examples:

Monolithic Dome BBS :: View topic – Drywall Mud for Smooth …A stucko or mortar mix can be hand troweled. ... The rebound tends not to stick to the plastic. Worst case, you pull up the plastic, and recover with new …
bbs.monolithic.com/viewtopic.php?t=1343&sid=0d71ee5dc4139fc8b4b54b3494c8bc42 – 73k – Cached – Similar pages

The work of John RouseThis scene has bump mapping, some glow on the lanterns, stucko walls, and the best part, an impossibly heavy granite table. It uses fast lighting, ...
www.a-chasm.com/ – 9k – Cached – Similar pages

allnitecafe – 19Jan2006 – Page 18<2> stucko walls own <3> oh nothing ..im just hanging up my remodeling tools … <0> what about stucko walls <3> what you ‘ve got to do is install like 1×4 …
www.quotesdb.info/dalnet/allnitecafe/19Jan2006/18.html – 20k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Recommended Settings? – FileFront Gaming ForumsTo me lookin at individual wood graining, and stucko walls dosent matter. I would rather have the things that I do most shine, such as gun battles …
forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=58384 – 52k – Cached – Similar pages

Dismantling Swarthmore’s Straw Bale HouseThe wire lathe plastered with stucko covered all the walls, yet it came off rahter easily when we pulled it down in large sections. Most of the stucko …
www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/es/strawbale/ … walls.html – 5k – Cached – Similar pages

Foley Halloween 2005This stuff will stick to anything and give a reasonable amount of support. ... This is the stuff you put on a wall before you stucko it. ...
www.donfoley.com/halloween/ – 19k – Cached – Similar pages

space33071’s Xanga Site – 6/27/2005 12:07:57 AM… other wise stucko doesn ’ t stick to it , and there can be not bubbles . ... started stucko I LOVE THAT STUFF TOO ( stupid stuff doesn ’ t stick to the …
www.xanga.com/space33071/292311859/item.html – 30k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer