Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-19 08:40:59

jorkel
Eggcornista

SAY la vie (C'est)

Google counts on Nov. 19, 2006
1,820,000 “c’est la vie”
1670 “say la vie”
Analysis by Joe Krozel

“C’est la vie” is French for “that’s life.” As far as foreign phrases go it’s relatively common among English speakers, so I contend that the alteration of it—“say la vie”—should be considered as an eggcorn. The latter phrase works well in contexts like “When things go poorly, say ‘la vie.’” as if saying “la vie” is equivalent to saying “C’est la vie.”

Examples:

Little Frog in High Def: Tascam FW-1082…and other thingsEh…say la vie. Now, the “other things.” My show, that was supposed to be done in late April, is still in post production. Two months have been added as we …
lfhd.blogspot.com/2006/09/tascam-fw-1082and-other-things.html – 19k – Cached – Similar pages

Scope Forum… shame there ant people my age but thats what you expect, not many youngster tend to have heart operations. still getting fed up but say la vie. ...
www.scope.org.uk/forum/index.php?showto … getnewpost – 58k – Cached – Similar pages

Pixelfumes Flash Blog: The Sparkle in Your Eye? – A Flasher’s …Oh well say la vie. Posted by campbell | 3:23 PM. WFP/E is something they’re “thinking” about at this point. I have faith in the MS way. ...
pixelfumes.blogspot.com/2006/01/sparkle-in-your-eye-flashers-initial.html – 36k – Cached – Similar pages

www.myspace.com/philbeaudreauMy roomies are still poopilicious, but say la vie. I am freaking out… midterms… hey I heard you can’t come home for Chrissimus- it dis true? I hope not. ...
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=17251671 – 124k – Cached – Similar pages

spritlzd3d on 43 PeopleAnd he will be uncomfotable. I know what his goals are. This is awesome. He should totally move to europe, but everyone will miss him. But say la vie, ...
spritlzd3d.43people.com/ – 20k – Nov 17, 2006 – Cached – Similar pages

Discover Vancouver Forum – thoughts about suicide… save your life… and if it doesnt say la vie… you wanted to die anyways right… and if you dont pull the cord it can still be considerd a accident, ...
www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.a … _ID=116464 – 63k – Cached – Similar pages

My3cents.com – Chase Manhattan Bank Complaint – Why You Shouldn’t …I think that Chase is ridiculous to charge any amount for charging you to pay your bill, but say-la-vie to each their own. Pay it another way next time, ...
www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=13400 – 20k – Cached – Similar pages

First Line of the Tao Te ChingThought I could stimulate some discussion, but no one seems interested so say la vie!! Hope all you people find what you are and are not looking for …
forums.siutao.com/viewtopic.php?t=1976 – 35k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer