Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-23 16:21:17

riversedge

"load and behold" for "lo and behold"

I found this great version of the phrase “lo and behold” while searching the internet on how to set up a network connection between PC’s! The actual context was: ”...after that I select connect and load and behold, I can now connect to the internet…” http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Fo … opicId=283

#2 2006-11-24 10:39:19

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: "load and behold" for "lo and behold"

Nice find, riversedge. Googling “load and behold” gave 55 hits, among them…

Well, load and behold an inspector attends the scene, flying in from over 200 km away, and the first thing that comes out of his mouth? ...
forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-5539.html – 8k –
So this morning ran to Wal-Mart picked up a pregnancy test and load and behold its positive. Told my husband this evening, and he said what I figured he …
allnurses.com/forums/f98/well-didnt-work-183948.html – 90k – Cached
i went to bb tonite and load and behold…guess what i saw…the holy grail aka ps3 in an enclosed case. but it wasn’t it on. so i ask the bb dude to turn …
www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=752052 – 95k – Cached

Looks like an acorn to me – I particularly like a quite archaic term being eggcorned into something so very up to date.

Board footer