Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-12-13 04:10:48

klakritz
Eggcornista

'land's cape' for 'landscape'

The idea may be that resdesigning a plot of ground by landscaping creates a facade, covering, or ‘cape’ for that ground. Examples:

The concept, he asserts will focus even distribution of Liberia’s vast wealth across its land’s Cape ensuring that basic social services and opportunity …
allafrica.com/stories/200508011457.html

I am learning this canvas, this land’s cape, a cloak of absences, one. color, without life.
www.organicanews.com/news/article.cfm?story_id=84

...sky schism, gray and bright, a rain ago creeps over the house. lady bug w/ damaged wings trapped inside. no language exhausts the land’s cape, the mantle of …
cla.umn.edu/joglars/weatherhost/sungentranced.html

Capped by a large, open sky, northwestern Oklahoma’s vast, rolling grasslands create a visually overwhelming lands cape—one that calls people to stop …
www.casmgs.colostate.edu/insider/ vigview.asp?action=2&field=9,5&titleid=512

... to the men and women of Physical Plant’s Campus Division, which provides the grounds maintenance and lands caping for some 2100 acres of campus space.
www.homepages.indiana.edu/092900/text/cresceny.html

By working with an experienced crew leader you will have a great opportunity to
learn the lands caping trade.
www.gardengate.com/company5.html

Board footer