Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-12-19 13:51:14

klakritz
Eggcornista

'white color crime' for 'white collar crime'

Most white collar criminals are caucasian. About 700 ghits, e.g.,

... every minute of every day, someone in this country becomes a victim of identity theft (America’s fastest growing white color crime).
bbbvideo.com/idtheft.php

The term `White Color Crime’ was coined in 1939 by Edwin H Sutherland in a ground-breaking address to the American Sociological Society.
www.sagepub.co.uk/book.aspx?pid=106186

She previously has investigated crimes against children, primarily on the Internet, organized crime, white color crime and crimes involving drugs.
oncampus.richmond.edu/news/press/july05/hatecrimes.html

My mother was convicted of white color crime as opposed to drug charges, but came in contact with many mothers incarcerated because of drug charges …
www.itvs.org/whentheboughbreaks/talkback.htm?showID=686

Criminology Instructor: Patrick C. Bashore, Special Agent, FBI, with experience in white color crime, drug enforcement, violent crime and organized crime …
delphi.louisville.edu/cont_prof/ enrichment/criminology.htm

...will use term like “supply & demand” or “shortage of skilled personnel” to justify their inflated costs, to me this is a white color crime,
www.kfmb.com/blog/?p=41

Eliot Spitzer 2006…He not only fights the fights that must be fought; he also tells it like it is to those involved in white color crime.
spitzer2006.com/main.cfm?actionId=userShowUser&forumId=75&topicId=52&userId=75769

Board footer