Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-01-20 14:10:32

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'in tacked' and 'contacked' for 'intact' and 'contact'

‘in tacked’ – 12,400 ghits
‘contacked’ – 3,250 ghits

‘Tacks’ are little nails or perhaps hooks, clasps or fasteners of some sort; to tack something is to attach it somehow, and glue is sometimes described as being ‘tacky’. Perhaps then, he vainly argues, this ‘stickiness’ is at work in the above would-be eggcorns?

we are have 15 people and are currently looking to fill a hall that can hold up to 40 people. please get in contacked and leave some details. ...
forums.wireplay.co.uk/showthread.php?t=116467 – 49k – Supplemental Result – Cached –

IM LOOKING FOR ANY HODGE FAMILY IN NANTWICH OR CREWE I AM RELATED TO HODGE FAMILY BY WAY I NO RICHARD AND JEAN PASSED AWAY PLEASE CONTACKED ME. ...
www.curiousfox.com/history/cheshire_19.html – 53k – Cached

you need to contacked an attorney in that state and see what the laws are and social services they can lead you to find the answers you need to know all …
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061117071719AAB5khe – 118k – 19 Jan 2007 – Cached

Users who do not return laptops within 24 hours from the time due, or not return them in tacked will be billed $2000 plus a processing fee of $25.00 and …
www.tnstate.edu/interior.asp?mid=540&ptid=1 – 32k – Cached

Still, one has to wonder just how Blackalicious manage to pull of this Hip-Hop dream, keeping integrity and their musical inclinations completely in tacked …
www.rasputinmusic.com/manifesto_web/blackalicious.html – 8k – Cached

#2 2007-01-21 10:29:01

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: 'in tacked' and 'contacked' for 'intact' and 'contact'

I was wondering whether ‘impacked’ for ‘impact’ and ‘compacked’ for ‘compact’ might have any eggcornish value when I realised I was deceiving myself; ‘attracked’ may have 18,400 ghits but ‘attrack’ the supposed present rather than past tense has a massive 72,100 ghits. There are simply a lot of people having difficulty with spelling and it seems I can extracked nothing of value from this line of enquiry.

Board footer