Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-03-30 12:22:27

Celticred63

"tubal litigation"

At a knitting group the other day some women were discussing the surgical procedure of “tube tying” and one woman referred to it as “tubal litigation.” I couldn’t help but smile at the clearly accidental (I hope!) switching of “ligation” with “litigation.” When I Googled “tubal litigation” it returned numerous hits, some on university and government health sites! One result was headed “Is tubal litigation a woman’s choice?” I think all women should be able to choose whether they sue their tubes. But the real question is whether “tubal litigation” is a real live eggcorn? And, if tubal litigation is reversible, should the tubes be able to counter-sue?

#2 2007-03-31 09:19:10

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: "tubal litigation"

Very amusing story. I Googled “tubal litigation” with “lawyer” and came up with a few examples. But, I’m more prone to think of these as subliminal thinking by people working strictly from the legal standpoint—and not familiar with tubal ligation from the medical standpoint. So, I’ll post a few of these for amusement, but I don’t necessarily believe them to be eggcorns. Others are welcome to disagree and offer their opinion.

Eggcorns or not?...

gifford medical center litigationmedical insurance litigation · beachwood bankruptcy lawyer · undo tubal litigation · bodily injury liability · louisville criminal defense lawyer …
gifford-medical-center-litigation.mnlawpro.com/index.html – 47k – Cached – Similar pages

centerville ohio lawyerTo find helpful legal services, and have a Centerville, Ohio lawyer contact you directly … florida tubal litigation reversal · bankruptcy in lawyer ohio …
centerville-ohio-lawyer.mnlawpro.com/index.html – 43k – Cached – Similar pages

divorce attorney in texasbangor personal injury lawyer · tubal litigation with c section · new hampshire truck accident lawyers · social security disability lawyers maine …
divorce-attorney-in-texas.mnlawpro.com/index.html – 52k – Cached – Similar pages

lawyer springfield missourinorth carolina medical malpractice lawyer · ip litigation attorney connecticut · medical malpractice statue limitations · tubal litigation procedure …
lawyer-springfield-missouri.mnlawpro.com/index.html – 52k – Cached – Similar pages

tecnology law firmpatricia barbalunga and mediation pittsfield · pregnancy tubal litigation · washington slip fall accident attorney · washington dc manganism lawsuit lawyers …
tecnology-law-firm.mnlawpro.com/index.html – 52k – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2007-03-31 09:44:51)

Board footer