Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-04-21 15:22:27

hiljean

A milestone around my neck

My sister has a habit of saying something is like “a milestone around my neck” which I am sure should be “millstone”. What do other forum users think?

#2 2007-04-21 18:13:18

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: A milestone around my neck

Welcome, Hiljean! Peter Forster had a great post on millstones and milestones about a month ago: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … p?pid=2914

#3 2007-04-22 04:22:23

hiljean

Re: A milestone around my neck

Thanks for that – I browsed the index but could find no entry for millstone or milestone. Does this mean that items posted in the forum do not make their way to the index of eggcorns until someone “official” has written an entry? I find this website fascinating but am a bit puzzled about the way it works. :)

Board footer