Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-05-14 13:41:55

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

"Ulster" for "ulcer"

I used to hear this a lot and was reminded of it by the recent success of the peace process in Northern Ireland; perhaps the ‘troubles’, danger and discomfort of such an ailment are echoes of the greater damage which has been taking place in the province for decades. It may, on the other hand, simply be that some people think it sounds better with a ‘t’ in it…

It’s small, a bit like a mouth ulster humans get. I also noticed my male gourami has a small pimple on his bottom fin about halfway back. ...
tropicalfish.site5.com/tfc/archive/index.php/t-46511.html – 9k – Supplemental Result – Cached

cheers jimboo – whats myxacin? i do have some mouth ulster treatment from when i used to have gouramis – that would probably do? its interpet number 9 “anti …
www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=104288 – 5k – Supplemental Result – Cached

His fiance is having some > abdominal problems either a bleeding ulster or Krons Disease and their > little one will have surgery to correct a lazy eye …
www.listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS … T=0&P=3406 – 22k – Supplemental Result – Cached

After examining me with his periscope, he informed me that it was either an hysterical rectum or a stomach Ulster. I was not afraid of the prospect of …
g8pzt.ath.cx/bbs/cgi-bin/getfile.pz?user=&dir=GL&file=MEDICAL – 3k – Supplemental Result – Cached

Mother insists she has a hernia/stomach ulster/indigestive failure so has stopped eating, this coupled with the constant commentary of her weight is …
theconfessionalchronicles.blogspot.com/2006/02/guilt.html – 15k – Supplemental Result – Cached

i myselg get a stomach ulster when i see those pictures of destruction and > suffering and this going on for years and years and years. it drive me …
www.usenet.com/newsgroups/talk.politics … 25546.html – 9k – Supplemental Result – Cached

Board footer