Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-07-09 21:26:34

klakritz
Eggcornista

"Liege and Leaf" for "Liege and Lief"

“Liege and Lief” was a breakthrough folk-rock album released in 1969 (if it’s possible to have a breakthrough into deliberate archaicism). It’s full of vaguely organic, rustic, rural, (i.e. leafy), music. About 1400 ghits:

With the following album “Liege and Leaf”, also released in 1969, Fairport Convention established themselves as pioneers of English folk rock. ...
www.amazon.com/Unhalfbricking-Fairport- … B000000643

Fairport Convention was extremely prolific… This is the album with all the songs that didn’t fit on Liege and Leaf.
www.unterzuber.com/rtsuggest2.html

Any of Fairport’s first four albums—Fairport Convention , What We Did on Our Holidays, Unhalfbricking, and Liege and Leaf—are excellent.
www.popmatters.com/music/columns/lankford/020814.shtml

In his five years with Fairport, Thompson was an integral force behind such seminal records as Liege and Leaf ...
www.bestofneworleans.com/eaf/jf/jf_7.html

#2 2007-07-09 22:12:24

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: "Liege and Leaf" for "Liege and Lief"

Kismet! I’ve been hauling out early Fairport the last few days, and I was going to put on Liege and Lief tonight. Cue the Twilight Zone theme….

Board footer