Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-08-08 16:22:47

klakritz
Eggcornista

'rewised' for 'revised'

It’s hard to imagine a native speaker of English making this substitutiion, but it does show up over 2,000 times. And it makes a certain amount of sense- you revise your work when you get wiser. Examples:

I guess I’ll save the summary for the year end post Instead of sitting here and mourning for what cant be rewised (and I don’t want to rewise it either. ...
lonelystar.blogsome.com/2006/10/05/

In 1999 the law was rewised by the expert’s group in order to eliminate or limit all compulsory measures and emphasize the importance of HIV/AIDS prevention …
aids.gol.ge/history.htm

... take all the new things that has turned up into consideration – then its time to go for a new cycle of planning and a rewised strategy to keep moving.
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Teachers’_Toolbox/Teaching_skills_to_the_students

Hello All, I rewised my initial wording of the local law section of our initial report to reflect the changes made by Steve.
gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/dow2tf/msg00277.html

The 1st of October 2004 marks the operating start for the rewised internet presentation of the company INTEC TIV.
www.intectiv.si/events.php

I belive their is a rewised edition out but i am not sure.
forum.discusnews.com/discus-sion/viewtopic.php?p=56593&sid=f041f3a551db70c9761b6bc711f45f28

Board footer