Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-10-14 17:19:30

jorkel
Eggcornista

Sign a WAFER. (waiver)

Actually, I’m entering this as a joke. I only got 1 google hit from it, and it was an intentional usage (see below). I’m just a little bit surprised that there weren’t more to find. What gives?

This is a tasty burger! :: Honolulu Weekly
Just be aware that if you want yours rare, you’ll be asked to sign a wafer-sized waiver agreeing not to hold the restaurant liable. It’s a strange touch, ...

honoluluweekly.com/restaurants/2005/12/this-is-a… – 16k – Similar pages

#2 2013-06-01 17:01:41

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Sign a WAFER. (waiver)

Jorkel was just ahead of his time.

The next day everyone had to go to the ARC to sign some legal wafer.
fanfic

The mosquitoes here were of the large mottled kind that leave a mark like an old-fashioned legal wafer.
Odd image from an E-book

You sign the wafer, giving your consent that if you do die, then your employer isn’t at fault.
Role play

“ Would you mind to sign these forms and thereby acknowledge that these items have been delivered to this command? I am sure Clerk Itten will be delighted.”
“Who’s Itten?” Williams looked at the wafer held out by the Adept.
“ I am Clerk Itten of the Departmento Munitorum. Commissar, you’d be best advised not to sign the wafer until you have checked the delivery yourself.” a grey-robed, mouse-faced man with an eye implant
fanfic

Board footer