Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-01-07 09:50:33

elfn

Are these real, live eggcorns?

I have heard good cooks speak about “salteing” vegetables, as in, to saute with added salt?. In the health care field, one hears of “diarrhrear” and of “doormat” ulcers.

#2 2013-12-24 16:40:25

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Are these real, live eggcorns?

I’m going over some old pages with an eye to presenting a belated Best-of list for years before 2008. In those days great eggcorns often passed without any comment: they were still thick on the ground. I like both salte for saute and especially doormat for dormant. Winners in any year.

It has already been shown that microbes introduced to the moon by the Apollo missions were able to survive in a doormat state for several years.
http://cosmoquest.org/forum/archive/ind … 02930.html

Nobody can speak; nobody can resist the magnetic force that has pulled them to this place. The world is in a doormat state, the oceans stand still, the animals are frozen, and there is not a sound around.
fic

If someone smokes, will the (low-risk) HPV virus still go into a doormat state? Will it take longer? etc. I have read many scare tactics that say only someone who is a ‘perfectly’ healthy non-smoker will be able to “fight off” or put the virus into a doormat state.
Mr. Nurseryman

Some part of DNA may lay doormat, if it is not activated by a trigger etc.
Neuropsychology

Tonight I had the Cheese Ravioli over a huge bed of salteed mushrooms.
http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/a … 16196.html

#3 2013-12-29 13:23:01

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Are these real, live eggcorns?

Hidden treasures.

Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Matthew 13:52, KJV

Last edited by kem (2013-12-29 13:23:39)

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer