Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-05-30 17:05:20

Mary Oates

Edited a eggcorn but now it doesnt show

hi, I edited a current eggcorn with an example I found, but when I clicked save it put the article to draft status. So it doesn’t show now and it wont let me choose publish. How can I fix this?

#2 2008-05-31 15:01:38

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: Edited a eggcorn but now it doesnt show

Hi Mary Oates. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to get beyond draft right now. The Database was originally set up as a wiki, and anyone could post an eggcorn. That led to a lot of problems since many of the resulting posts weren’t strictly eggcorns, and the site owner finally disabled the function for most users a couple of years ago. She changed the homepage to reflect this, but the page with access to the Database still makes it sound like you can publish. Only she can alter that, and so far she hasn’t. My apologies for the time you spent on it, though I believe all such drafts are preserved.

Do you have a plain draft of the entry? We’d love to see it posted on the forum, which is where potential eggcorn candidates first show up these days.

#3 2008-06-01 18:02:13

Mary Oates

Re: Edited a eggcorn but now it doesnt show

Well it’s not that good an example really but its definitely an eggcorn. I saw this site on the sunday times 100 best web sites list (think it was the sunday times) and I remembered i’d seen an eggcorn the week before. It is up most instead of utmost:

find a lender that can provide you with the up most satisfaction when sourcing your loan.

and it’s at

http://www.loanexplorer.co.uk/self-employed-loans/

Last edited by Mary Oates (2008-06-01 18:03:44)

Board footer