Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-05-21 02:08:15

klakritz
Eggcornista

'half-asked' for 'half-assed'

A half-assed effort is one that is unplanned, incompetent, or ambivalently undertaken. ‘Half-asked’ nicely expresses the similar idea of partial or indifferent motivation. Examples:

You either do it right and get meaningful data, or you do it half-asked and end up with meaningful sounding numbers that are devoid of anything substantial.
www.tuaw.com/2006/01/03/applenotebook-r … acintouch/

I repeat: One big full-service recreation centre is better, and cheaper, than two half-asked ones.
www.nsnews.com/issues98/w072798/lautens.html

A half-asked effort produces half-asked results.
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=13789

... it isnt the VUEs fault that no one can find any decent service in washington DC, everyone does such half asked work. ...
www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75278

Seven days full of half-asked physics labs, rushed tutorials, last minute assignments, and poking fun of engineers.
www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/blogging/tyler/busy-busy-busy

This team is better than the way they are playing…and it is sickening to watch such half-asked efforts.
football.about.com/od/teamssteelers/a/112705.htm

I think in many respects co-habitation is simply being half-asked about marriage.
gruntledcenter.blogspot.com/2005/12/college-graduates-have-happier.html

#2 2006-05-21 02:47:35

Chris Waigl
Eggcorn Faerie
Website

Re: 'half-asked' for 'half-assed'

I added this to the existing arsed»asked entry, extending it to the assed spelling.

Board footer