Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-05-25 21:26:23

klakritz
Eggcornista

'communicative diseases' for 'communicable diseases'

Chatty viruses? I don’t think this is anything but a malapropism, but it’s fairly common one. Examples:

The focus shall be on communicative diseases, common nutritional disorders, and on environmental health and hygiene. Maternal and child care, immunisation, ...
www.ethioembassy.org.uk/fact%20file/a-z/health.htm

Governments also addressed the need to combat non-communicative diseases stemming from the consumption of tobacco, alcohol and drugs…
www.summit-americas.org/Quebec-Health/ Old%20back%20up/health-eng.htm

... non-formal education – indeed all media – must spread socially targeted and effective messages and skills about communicative diseases.
portal.unesco.org/es/ev.php-URL_ID=3047& URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

New Georgia Encyclopedia: Joseph Hill White (1859-1953)... under whose auspices he was posted to Central and South America to further the foundation’s work against various communicative diseases. ...
www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-1099

You can reduce your risk of SARS (and many other communicative diseases) through this preventative measure: WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY, with soap and water …
www.mtu.edu/news/health/sars/symptoms.html

Kids under 12 can carry and catch communicative diseases easier than adults. hopkinsneuro.org/peds_surgery/prepare_for_procedure.cfm

Board footer