Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-07-09 01:45:12

klakritz
Eggcornista

'giga counter' for Geiger Counter'

The Geiger counter was invented by a physicist named Hans Geiger. since ‘giga-’ is a numerical prefix, it comvbines well, if speciously with something that counts. About 1500 ghits:

I remember doing an experiment in our physics lesson one that involved testing the radioactivity of different radioactive isotopes with a giga counter.
www.trap17.com/index.php/study-tumor-ri … 35193.html

Before the trees are felled, they are checked with a Giga Counter, which is to ensure that the timber is not contaminated with radiation.
www.selfbuild.co.uk/logcabin.htm

...you have to know where to walk. I heard in someplaces if you take a couple of steps to the side the giga counter goes right of the scale.
www.aardvarktravel.net/chat/viewtopic.php?p=70333

For action I’ve always admired the scene where The Thing comes after them and the giga counter ticks down it’s nearing approach.
fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=10585

I would visit Area 51 if I was you, there’s always the chance you would see something or find something interesting. Get/Take a giga counter too, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread90615/pg1

The current system works when it feels like it and the audio sounds like a giga counter if it works at all.
uras.gliderpilot.net/?db=uras&op=s2&id=24920&kw=

#2 2007-09-24 07:20:18

Chris Waigl
Eggcorn Faerie
Website

Re: 'giga counter' for Geiger Counter'

Entered: giga .

Board footer