Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Registrations were closed for a long time because of forum spam, but I have re-opened them on a trial basis.

The forum administrator (chris dot waigl at gmail dot com) reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2015-05-30

#1 2005-11-11 12:54:34

"a lot of leave way"

I’m starting to see “leave way” for “leeway” more and more often—although the phrase “of leave way” only shows up 142 times with a Google search.

My favorite example: “The Lord gives us a lot of leave way if we are in ignorance which seems to be the case here on your part similar to myself for all those years.”— … cross.html

Also: “Anyway my point is ferrari have been given a lot of leave way with the FIA and they’ re opinion is highley respected with the FIA, and as we’ve seen their opinion is acted on without regards to others!!”— … &quote=yes

#2 2005-11-12 15:51:25

Re: "a lot of leave way"

A cool find. Googling the one-word version “leaveway” gets 490 hits, of which at least 154 are unique—and the great majority appear to be your reshaping.

Board footer