Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-01-26 16:05:11

David Bird
Eggcornista

Billy Ruben

A friend for Annie Lehmann. ‘Bilirubin’ is a breakdown product of hemoglobin that is responsible for the yellow colour symptomatic of jaundice.

Yahoo questions
Have you heard of high billy ruben levels?
One of my friends had a baby with high billy ruben levels and I was just wondering if any one knew what this was?

Health forum
My nephew was born just a few days ago and now has jaundice. From what all my brother has told me his billy ruben level is at 13 or 18 and is suppose to be below 6?

#2 2011-01-26 18:01:52

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Billy Ruben

Perhaps influenced by “billy lights” (i.e. bili lights) that are used to control John Dice.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2011-01-26 18:32:10

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: Billy Ruben

I love himǃ

Most exx. of Billy Reuben seem to be legit or at least advertent, but a few are apparently eggcornish for Billy’s second name (or another spelling of his surname):

Turns out he had jaundice and we had to go back to the hospital for the billy reuben test (which we had to repeat two more times

Examples of Responses Given by Veterans for Type of Birth Defect or Malformation Present in Their Children* [*These are the actual responses given by the veterans and entered by the interviewers; they have not been edited] … 33. Premature 34. Hyaline membrane disease 35. Undeveloped lungs 36. Jaundice 37. High billy reuben count 38. Vitamin K deficiency 39 Anemia 40. Trouble passing bowels 41. Seizures

Would we could all pass our bowels effortlessly. Do you suppose if Count Billy were styled an Earl he might help? (“Just put a little earl on it.”) (Btw, jauntice, though not mentioned as such in this list, always seemed a sprightly sort of disease.)

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2011-01-26 18:35:23)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer