Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-07-31 10:36:30

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Fallopen" for Fallopian

John Barth’s story, Night Sea Journey, is the narrative of an introspective, existential spermatozoid as it swims its way ever onward without knowing where it was all leading or why. The title might be a play on the Jungian notion that neurosis and recovery is like the night sea journey of the sun, which “sails over the sea like an immortal god who every evening is immersed in the maternal waters and is born anew in the morning.”

What is forgotten in this imagery is that the egg is no better off. Her journey is in many ways more giddy and fraught. Sperm have several congenial canals all mapped out for them, but there is no direct connection from the ovaries to their own viaduct, the Fallopian tubes, where they may or may not run into someone and fall in love. The egg is released into the peritoneal cavity, believe it or not—cast into the giblets, Peter might say—and must hope that the sweeping movements of the desperate filaments in the horn of the Fallopian tubes (also called salpinx, from the Gk. for “trumpet”) will draw it in to harbour and set it on its way along the upreaching arms of the cilia, a crowd-surfing Madonna.

Problems arise when the tubes get blocked, which is a major cause of infertility. Contact with the many procedures to assess their patency may have led to the imagery of the “fallopen” tubes, which must fall open on cue.

Medical forum-
Can a tampon get into the fallopen tubes?

Hysterosalpingogram side effects
I had a few of them done to test my fallopen tubes, and each and every time they said the first three months afterward you would be most fertile.

Chances of pregnancy
OVULATION IS WHEN ALL OF YOUR UNFERTILIZED EGGS TRAVEL UP YOUR FALLOPEN TUBES.

Powerful gemstones
Carnelian -Stimulates, balances, and heals women’s reproductive system-uterus, ovaries, fallopen tubes, cervix and vagina.
Coral -Helps conception and pregnancy, heals ovaries and fallopen tubes, and stimulates ovulation.

Related nonces:

Health forum
I feel everyone’s pain, Last Wednesday night I had a cyst the size of a large lemon removed from one of my fall opium tubes and was just released from the hospital on Saturday.

Non-hormonal birth control
The fallopian tube is then singed by cauterization, tied with a Falope ring, or removed entirely in a scalpingectomy.

#2 2010-07-31 10:57:13

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "Fallopen" for Fallopian

Almost lost my breakfast over your description of the plight of the egg. Posts like that should be delayed until after 9:00 am PST.

Sperm have several congenial canals

Congenial, but long. The “vast deferens” can be a trial for tired sperm:

Health forum: “i’ve found the feeling of discomfort / panic / tingle is almost exclusively in the following areas: right testicle, right vast deferens, ”

Dog forum: “Some people say there is a chance of sperm being left in the vast deferens, but since this was done several years before, that’s also ruled out.”

Last edited by kem (2010-07-31 11:01:43)

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2010-07-31 11:48:43

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=4387

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=4327

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=4648

Should I worry about an unhealthy obsession with such matters? Oh well, whilst we’re there:

‘just like soap for your gentle area. you can hardly smell the rose scent though’

‘symptoms can first appear as a reddening and tenderness in the gentle area’

Last edited by JuanTwoThree (2010-07-31 12:02:54)

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#4 2010-07-31 14:02:17

patschwieterman
Administrator

David B did genital>>gentle last year: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=4242

I love it—I really think “gentles” is one that should definitely have been fast-tracked for the Database; I’d put it on any short list for that honor.

#5 2010-07-31 23:43:07

David Bird
Eggcornista

Vast deferens. The male ego has no limits.

Another classic belongs in this list:
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/contribute/#comment-152

Board footer