Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-09-10 12:16:27

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'tenner sax' for 'tenor sax'

I recently came across a reference to a “tenner sax” and wondered whether someone had eggcornishly assumed that’s what a saxophone might once have cost, like the penny whistle – you could have bought around 948 of the original whistles for the price of the cheapest today.

I got a new tenner sax and im wondering if i can keep my reed on the mouthpiece without ruining the reed?

I can play trumpet trombone, valve trombone, alto sax, tenner sax, tuba, been playing trumpet for 2 and a half years now.

We manufacture high quality Reed Musical Instruments of all kinds including Alto-Sax, Tenner-Sax, Sap Rona, Clarinets, Trumpets & all types of Brass Drums.

I wonder how long it takes for a navel piercing to close completely? Well I know how to play the Alto Saxophone, Tenner Sax, and Clarinet. .

#2 2010-09-12 02:17:30

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: 'tenner sax' for 'tenor sax'

Yes, yes, a tenner sax: you know, a saxophone with ten things to press … one for each finger.

#3 2010-09-14 14:18:45

fpberger
Eggcornista

I love the analogy to penny-whistle. Unfortunately, I can’t think of any similar analogy for vocalists described as “tenners”

Vocal ability: tenner, bass and high tenner (I’m a baritone)
Dance ability: please have rhythm there’s a choreographer attached to the project so if you can pick up steps you’ll do fine.

His mannerisms were a little femanine, his voice was a high tenner, but not exactly girly, and his words came out quickly, reminding me of one of those wind up chatter teeth.

Last edited by fpberger (2010-09-14 14:19:10)

#4 2010-09-15 16:36:21

tyler

jorkel wrote:

Yes, yes, a tenner sax: you know, a saxophone with ten things to press … one for each finger.

That would be a rather difficult saxophone to play. I prefer to play at least a twentyoner sax.

Last edited by tyler (2010-09-15 16:38:36)

Board footer