Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2010-09-10 17:16:27

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'tenner sax' for 'tenor sax'

I recently came across a reference to a “tenner sax” and wondered whether someone had eggcornishly assumed that’s what a saxophone might once have cost, like the penny whistle – you could have bought around 948 of the original whistles for the price of the cheapest today.

I got a new tenner sax and im wondering if i can keep my reed on the mouthpiece without ruining the reed?

I can play trumpet trombone, valve trombone, alto sax, tenner sax, tuba, been playing trumpet for 2 and a half years now.

We manufacture high quality Reed Musical Instruments of all kinds including Alto-Sax, Tenner-Sax, Sap Rona, Clarinets, Trumpets & all types of Brass Drums.

I wonder how long it takes for a navel piercing to close completely? Well I know how to play the Alto Saxophone, Tenner Sax, and Clarinet. .

#2 2010-09-12 07:17:30

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: 'tenner sax' for 'tenor sax'

Yes, yes, a tenner sax: you know, a saxophone with ten things to press … one for each finger.

#3 2010-09-14 19:18:45

fpberger
Eggcornista

I love the analogy to penny-whistle. Unfortunately, I can’t think of any similar analogy for vocalists described as “tenners”

Vocal ability: tenner, bass and high tenner (I’m a baritone)
Dance ability: please have rhythm there’s a choreographer attached to the project so if you can pick up steps you’ll do fine.

His mannerisms were a little femanine, his voice was a high tenner, but not exactly girly, and his words came out quickly, reminding me of one of those wind up chatter teeth.

Last edited by fpberger (2010-09-14 19:19:10)

#4 2010-09-15 21:36:21

tyler

jorkel wrote:

Yes, yes, a tenner sax: you know, a saxophone with ten things to press … one for each finger.

That would be a rather difficult saxophone to play. I prefer to play at least a twentyoner sax.

Last edited by tyler (2010-09-15 21:38:36)

Board footer