Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-12-09 13:07:28

vole

"sight on scene" and "site on scene"

Thinking about “scene” for “seen” (Seenic Seenarios, ‘First on seen’ and ‘seen of the crime’, last scene), I searched for (and found) “sight on scene” and “site on scene”. Seems like the first reinterprets “sight unseen” as indicating something seen upon arrival (rather than not seen at all), and the second, something like “right here and now”. “Site and scene” might be out there too…

Also related to ‘on site’ for ‘on sight’

Sight on scene:
The premise of “Hot Tub Time Machine” is mostly contained in its title, so you pretty much know what you’re getting, sight on scene.
-‘Hot Tub Time Machine’ a juvenile romp
Minor repairs such as repairing nail pops (raised nail heads) or minor flashing work we will do sight on scene.
-Roof Maintenance
No question about the QSI decoder – I bought those sight on scene just wondering about the Tsunami Diesel.
-Atlas Model Railroad Co. forums

Possible? Seems like the reverse of “sight unseen”.
For those of you who like to make purchases by sight on scene, give me a call to set up an appointment.
-SD Billiards About Us Page

Site on scene:
I bought the season site on scene. Genius.
-Comments on ‘Dr. Horrible’
The husband of the White 08 CTS owner said if that Black CTS was for sale, he would have bought it site on scene. Nice!!!
-Turned another one around
I think i did very well as i bought it sight on scene over the phone.
-Shotgun World forum

#2 2010-12-13 12:04:44

burred
Eggcornista

Re: "sight on scene" and "site on scene"

Nice complements to the other seens, vole. Wonderful presentation of evidence too, I enjoyed your post.

#3 2010-12-13 12:29:33

vole

Re: "sight on scene" and "site on scene"

Thanks! Hmm… except I realized that my last example belongs in the first list, not the second.

Board footer