Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-07-06 04:30:43

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Branded!

Some unintentional confusion between a well-known brand of household appliances and a derogatory term for Germans:

We’ve got a Boche fatline model, and it’s fine.

I have my heart set on the Miele W2104 washing machine, which retails …. so i went for the Boche

I have a boche front loader that I won

In one town where the Germans had taken over a brewery, a small band of the “Bosch” soldiers rolled out a barrel of beer into No Man’s Land on Christmas morning, calling out, “Don’t shoot!” and inviting the Brits for a drinking session.

you know, stiff upper lip, send someone else’s kids off to die, kill the bosch

Not much meat on this one: I doubt if anyone really thinks one word is the other. But we might be able to get a thread going on misunderstood brand names:

Look at Marx and Spencers website.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2011-07-22 06:12:14

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Branded!

There is Walmark, attested to on the site Kem referred to, wrt rainment. Which suggests that a genetic crossover event is possible, and that the high bread complement must be out there. Eh voila:

This week Walgreens is running a register rewards promotion on Hallmart greeting cards
http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/201 … ing-cards/

Board footer