Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2011-07-06 09:30:43

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Branded!

Some unintentional confusion between a well-known brand of household appliances and a derogatory term for Germans:

We’ve got a Boche fatline model, and it’s fine.

I have my heart set on the Miele W2104 washing machine, which retails …. so i went for the Boche

I have a boche front loader that I won

In one town where the Germans had taken over a brewery, a small band of the “Bosch” soldiers rolled out a barrel of beer into No Man’s Land on Christmas morning, calling out, “Don’t shoot!” and inviting the Brits for a drinking session.

you know, stiff upper lip, send someone else’s kids off to die, kill the bosch

Not much meat on this one: I doubt if anyone really thinks one word is the other. But we might be able to get a thread going on misunderstood brand names:

Look at Marx and Spencers website.

#2 2011-07-22 11:12:14

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Branded!

There is Walmark, attested to on the site Kem referred to, wrt rainment. Which suggests that a genetic crossover event is possible, and that the high bread complement must be out there. Eh voila:

This week Walgreens is running a register rewards promotion on Hallmart greeting cards
http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/201 … ing-cards/

Board footer