Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2012-01-29 18:41:33

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'Janice-faced' for 'Janus-faced'

I heard this on the radio the other day and thought it might be of some interest. It is some time ago that the planet Uranus became Urine-us rather than yr-Anus and I suspect that something similar might be at work here. I’m sure we’ve come across such intra-Lehmans, for example Miriam taking over the family business in the 80s, but can find nowhere more suitable to park this…

Yesterday was Janice-faced, deceptively like spring, it lifted my spirits from the winter guck.

The way I translate it is, that the pain is janice faced: on the one hand it is your warning signal of overdoing it, but on the other hand, it is your …

Laughter and a beautiful smile always has been her clever way of being janice faced.

“The final phase of compiling the dictionary didn’t faze Miriam Webster a bit even though it was the most complex and difficult one.”

#2 2012-01-31 20:29:41

burred
Eggcornista

Re: 'Janice-faced' for 'Janus-faced'

Appropriately posted in Janiary.

Board footer