Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-02-14 22:05:37

burred
Eggcornista

What an ideate

Another version of a fool, this time on the other end of the scale from an itty it. An ideate might have big ideas – just bad ones. Idiot appeared in English in the early 1300s, imported from O.Fr. as the condescending “ordinary, private person, someone not on the public stage”. Ideas came decades later, ultimately from Gk. idein, “to see”, hence, the appearance of things, the conception, eventually, the product of thought. This one could conceivably join the collection of ironical eggcorns that are logical in a certain light but, from another angle, contradict themselves.

i am not an ideate i know how the world works
FB fan page

When an ideate wants to do something…. immediately he will think in a non possible ways
[Response] am i that IDEATE!!!???? ha ha ha!! of-course , you know all the Sciencetist get the NAME after their success only!! remaining failure people got the NAME too, but it’s called an Ideate like me!!!!!
Chat

What an ideate!!! What do u think u can accomplish by killing an Ethiopian??
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/somali … RTTVT4BQ0F

she comes down with the toys all except cruise control, but hay if you’re not an ideate you shouldn’t have any problems
Used car ad

Ethan was an ideate who for some reason didn’t want to have hot steamy sex with Erica.
TV forum

Some A-hole 20 something called my son a “fair weather fan coming back to watch the game” this p-ed me off so I just called him an ideate and kept moving.
Sports chat

Board footer