Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-02-22 06:55:51

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'sigh/sign tracked' for 'sidetracked'

Sign-tracked seems a more immediately coherent departure from the acorn, but as I have always had great difficulty in the single-minded pursuit one lone objective I find I favour the less obvious sigh-tracked.

I got sigh tracked after a while with other thoughts and zoned out.

Sorry that this video took so long I kinda got sigh-tracked for a while.

We must Keep our eyes on the prize and not get sign tracked along the way.

It can be very frustrating to not see the darn menu b/c of lighting and that fact you can’t see up close anymore…oops I got sign tracked.

#2 2012-02-22 08:39:06

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: 'sigh/sign tracked' for 'sidetracked'

Getting sigh tracked is a way of life for me. It’s so easy to get distracked by a new sight and lose your trace of thought.

me too am looking for the tattoo daa in the songs LOLLOL… but i ended up getting sight tracked by the background scenarios LOL…
Bollywood review

The stairs … at least I got some workout to the 4th floor when I got sight tracked because I was on in front of the door leading to the “Labor and Delivery Room”
Microblog

me and :iconpaingu: got sight tracked and painted this on a canvass board
Nail polish portraits

But feeling sigh tracked is just the emotional response to getting psi-tracked.

While Christian is set upon reaching his goal, sin and temptation causes him to get psi-tracked from his personal goals.
Vanity Fair and baseball

yeah. im sorta psytracked right now. but, i just cant resist a little fun.
Blog

took 2 sugar cubes and i was tripping. it took me nadm y frriend 30 minutes to just fill up some ice water. we kept getting psytracked and never ot it done.
Lucy in the Sky

i never miss an episode unless my cable gets turned off or if i fall asleep or get psytracked by a new episode of family guy
Wrestling fan club

Im sopposed to be doing program lessons, but this is what happens when you get psy-tracked in your own thing
youtube

You can psych yourself out so easily.

Speechy weechy from the father cus i got psych tracked
blog

So nice to have you on flickr! I meant to say hi a couple days ago….got psych tracked!
Photo board

Last edited by David Bird (2012-02-22 18:16:13)

Board footer