Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2012-02-22 12:55:51

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'sigh/sign tracked' for 'sidetracked'

Sign-tracked seems a more immediately coherent departure from the acorn, but as I have always had great difficulty in the single-minded pursuit one lone objective I find I favour the less obvious sigh-tracked.

I got sigh tracked after a while with other thoughts and zoned out.

Sorry that this video took so long I kinda got sigh-tracked for a while.

We must Keep our eyes on the prize and not get sign tracked along the way.

It can be very frustrating to not see the darn menu b/c of lighting and that fact you can’t see up close anymore…oops I got sign tracked.

#2 2012-02-22 14:39:06

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: 'sigh/sign tracked' for 'sidetracked'

Getting sigh tracked is a way of life for me. It’s so easy to get distracked by a new sight and lose your trace of thought.

me too am looking for the tattoo daa in the songs LOLLOL… but i ended up getting sight tracked by the background scenarios LOL…
Bollywood review

The stairs … at least I got some workout to the 4th floor when I got sight tracked because I was on in front of the door leading to the “Labor and Delivery Room”
Microblog

me and :iconpaingu: got sight tracked and painted this on a canvass board
Nail polish portraits

But feeling sigh tracked is just the emotional response to getting psi-tracked.

While Christian is set upon reaching his goal, sin and temptation causes him to get psi-tracked from his personal goals.
Vanity Fair and baseball

yeah. im sorta psytracked right now. but, i just cant resist a little fun.
Blog

took 2 sugar cubes and i was tripping. it took me nadm y frriend 30 minutes to just fill up some ice water. we kept getting psytracked and never ot it done.
Lucy in the Sky

i never miss an episode unless my cable gets turned off or if i fall asleep or get psytracked by a new episode of family guy
Wrestling fan club

Im sopposed to be doing program lessons, but this is what happens when you get psy-tracked in your own thing
youtube

You can psych yourself out so easily.

Speechy weechy from the father cus i got psych tracked
blog

So nice to have you on flickr! I meant to say hi a couple days ago….got psych tracked!
Photo board

Last edited by David Bird (2012-02-23 00:16:13)

Board footer