Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-04-16 11:57:50

burred
Eggcornista

Flaminyon, flaming yon, flay mignon for filet mignon

This one I cannot claim to have been deranged enough to be able to imagine myself. It was reported in the form of flaminyon on a social forum. There are lots of interesting mutations on that site that I am slowly working my way through to document for this forum. Don’t miss hit number four.

The justification would be something to do with barbequing (great word) and the attendant conflagrations.

I have taste for flaminyon, but I only have a burger budget.
Horse grooming

Second person:
A friend of mine wrote to me telling me of a fancy wedding she had been to. She said they spared no expense and had “flaming yon” at the wedding banquet.
http://askville.amazon.com/repeat-mista … d=83423396

I had my first flaming-yon in Chicago on Sullivan st.
I love Chicago

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are like flaming yon
On the nicest menu
Romantic poems

Flaming simblings include a flavoring of onion in flamonion, a cute roasting in flame mignon, and a flay mignon, a cute and tender skinning.

I RECOMMEND ESCARGO,AND POTATO SKINS FOR APPETIZERZ, AND FLAMONION FOR DINNER
Resto ratings

Calling Japanese Riceballs as Donuts is about as sensible as calling a potato chip a flame mignon steak.
Cartoon site

We ate flay mignon, rolls, condiments (they were listed in the menu), chicken, cotton candy, popcorn, desserts (jars of candy), and so much more.
Blog

#2 2012-04-16 14:36:10

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Flaminyon, flaming yon, flay mignon for filet mignon

Flaming yon. What a hoot. Classic.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2013-06-08 20:21:05

David Bird
Eggcornista

We were about a year behind the curb on this one. The twitterverse was aflutter about flaming young at the beginning of 2011. The tumblr Egg Corns blog twigged me to this.

What is flamin young?
UK Yahoo questions, Feb 8 2010

#Mainchick eats flaming young & #Sidechick eats Mcdonalds …LoL
Instagram, Jan 14, 2011

#4 2022-06-29 16:45:00

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Another version e.g. here and elsewhere — Flaming Yawn. Several commenters suggest it is killer bad breath; another plans “I will eat my flaming yawn on the Chip ‘n’ Dale table I bought on Marketplace in the room I refurbished with Wayne’s coating.”
(My guess is it was a joke, not a half-eggcorn as it first looks to be—half in that the flaming makes sense, but the yawn does not particularly. I can see somebody setting up the shrink-wrapped package complete with the label, maybe even selling the thing, just for the fun of it.)

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2022-06-30 15:23:26)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer