Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-05-31 19:43:06

David Bird
Eggcornista

Ray Burns sunglasses

Instead of Ray-Ban shades, some ascribe the look to designer Ray Burns.

They both have a thing for Ray Burns glasses and big one all together. they just look so good together
Chinese movie star worship

Your dog’s Doggles might look better than the pair of ‘Ray Burns’ you bought in traffic for 8,000/=.
Sunglasses for dogs

Presumably the decision was influenced by the fact that the UK government will not allow them to ride through London wearing ray burns, bandanas and belts of ammunition across their chests and exercising their right to collateral damage.
Soldiers in London

Would you feel safe in St. Tropez wearing ray burn sunglasses?

my dad has some glasses and they are ray burn glasses i want to know if they are real or fake
Yahoo questions

Last edited by David Bird (2012-06-01 07:34:22)

#2 2012-06-01 15:56:50

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Ray Burns sunglasses

A few “ray bands sunglasses” out there. But that’s not nearly so good as “ray burns.”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2012-06-01 18:07:46

burred
Eggcornista

kem wrote:

A few “ray bands sunglasses” out there. But that’s not nearly so good as “ray burns.”

Oh, I like ray bands as much. It shows my age, but I can’t dissociate Ray Burns from Kookie.

Edd “Kookie” Byrnes and Trini “Saint” Lopez

Last edited by burred (2015-07-27 06:52:16)

#4 2015-07-27 06:58:34

burred
Eggcornista

Here are some first perp accounts from reddit.

I feel so stupid. It just clicked. “Ray-Bans” ban the sun’s rays from your eyes… 28 years…..

Until this post, I actually though Ray Ban was just a designer. Or a celebrity who endorsed that style of sunglasses so his name was attached.

For some reason I knew Ray Bans were actually called Ray Bannon’s but everyone called them Ray Bans for short. Now that I know this is not the case, it means I made it up and believed it somehow, and it’s kind of scary.

Yep same. In fact this whole comment thread is making me realise I’m an idiot.

I feel even more stupid. Up until now I thought they were called “Ray-Bands”.

BTW, I just put the picture back into the post above. The pictures on this forum must be stored on a separate website and linked to. I changed servers recently, so a raft of pictures in early posts are no longer visible. I will slowly correct the links as I come across them.

Last edited by burred (2015-07-27 07:03:43)

Board footer