Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-07-06 09:31:42

David Bird
Eggcornista

you need to release your pimped up emotions

Second person account from Reddit:

My mother’s boyfriend never knows how to talk well. He once was complaining, said he had a lot of pimped up anger, instead of pent up anger. I could not stop laughing.
Reddit thread

they got some pimped up anger and they don’t know what to do with it so they let it out online.
Forum

this girls got so much pimped up anger inside of her. I think she yells a lot. Hunny, take a chill pill.
Ghost Hunters is real

back to the bath. If you can get the water as hot as you can stand. If you need to cry. Do it, release all of them pimped up emotions. It works for me.
Forum for psychics

I read “pimped up” emotions, if it is more than a malaprop, as jazzed up, exaggerated, extravagant. I don’t get “hidden, contained, suppressed”, so though it’s pretty funny and colourful, I don’t think it’s a grade A eggcorn.

#2 2012-07-19 09:49:21

buzhwa

Re: you need to release your pimped up emotions

LOL! Nice one.

#3 2012-07-22 20:31:18

larrybob
Eggcornista

Re: you need to release your pimped up emotions

Maybe it’s like the phrase in the title of the TV show “Pimp my Ride” in that the emotions have been worked on, polished and customized.

See also this Eggcorns thread on anger that is “bent up” or “panned up” and this thread on frustrations and emotions that are “pinned up.”

Board footer