Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2012-09-15 00:47:53

burred
Eggcornista

"capo" and "car pull" tunnels

Carpal is from Mod.L. carpalis, “of the wrist”. On this forum the carpal injuries we have seen include carpet tunnel, carbo, cable and couple and carpal tonal syndromes, and two suggested entries, corporal, and carpool.

Here’s another take, especially apt for overexerting guitar players: the capo tunnel syndrome. A capo, Italian for “head of the fretboard”, is a strap-on bar that restricts and shortens the strings on a guitar in order to change the tuning. Capo tunnel syndrome may follow from the inflammation and key-change of the nerves in the strummer’s wrist.

It is too bad I have capo tunnel on both of my hands, my guitar playing is over…
Stratocaster straight talk

I have had two capo tunnel and five trigger finger operations in the last ten years, it kept me going for the long haul. :Wiggle:
Hand surgery & guitar playing

Vastly commoner are those who feel that cars stalled in the tunnel, awaiting the tow truck, are restricting nerve traffic.

I am having an operation for carpull tunnel syndrome tomorrow and wondering if anyone has had a similar op? If you have, how long is the recovery period, when can you drive etc etc?
R: It’s Carpal Tunnel syndrome!(if you’ve been carpulling I’m not surprised your wrists are knackered)
Community forum, UK:http://www.southport.gb.com/showthread.php?t=50458908&page=1

Thank you all so much for the Car-Pull-Tunnel, eye glasses and facial wrinkles. Plus I am on my thirty second box of clean ex. :-)
http://www.m.patriotsplanet.com/showthread.php?p=178338

Could lead to exhaustion, sore muscles, and car-pull tunnel. Treat resulting stiff muscles with topical cream.
Pink ad

Board footer